Monday, October 13, 2008

The power of my blog


Thank you for the positive feedback about this blog. Apparently people (mostly relatives, but still) are learning some new things about me and laughing simultaneously. I am amazed that words typed by quick fingertaps on the keyboard can have these types of real effects. However, my dad reiterated a comment by someone that had both positive and negative implications: "So-and-so said that he/she has learned more about you from your blog than from 1o years of holiday functions!" I'm genuinely glad that I am communicating my ideas effectively via written word, but I aspire to eventually reach a similar level of communication through speech; the paradox is that one cannot speak too quickly (to avoid a loose tongue) nor too slowly (to avoid awkwardness and giving the impression of having a condition).

By the way, I know I'm not making good progress towards my goal of 30 entries in 30 days, but don't lose hope in me yet!

Peace and love, LG.

No comments: