Sunday, September 21, 2008

Modifications to the 30-day challenge.

While I was sitting at the front desk today, I thought, 'Hey, some days are very busy, while others are not. Surely there will be days when I will not want to blog.' So, for everyone's sake, I hereby enact the following modification to my original goal: Instead of writing every day for 30 days, I am going to write 30 entries in 30 days. I hope that tomorrow I will have some food for thought. Before I go, however, I want to share two of my favorite quotations from Starbucks' conversation-starter initiative, "The Way I See It":

Childhood is a strange country. It’s a place you come from or go to – at least in your mind. For me it has an endless, spellbound something in it that feels remote. It’s like a little sealed-vault country of cake breath and grass stains where what you do instead of work is spin until you’re dizzy.

-- Lyall Bush
Executive director of Richard Hugo House, a center for writers and readers.

The most important thing in life is to stop saying “I wish” and start saying “I will.” Consider nothing impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities.

-- David Copperfield
Emmy Award-winning illusionist and founder of the charity Project Magic.









No comments: